.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

The New X-Files Movie: I Want To Believe!

If you don't know by now, D'luv is a major X-Files nut. I know, I know. My heart is truly in the '90s. What can you do. Something about the creepy show grabs me by the manhood and drags me into its dark mystique.

Today show creator Chris Carter revealed the title of the forthcoming July 25 film to be X-Files: I Want To Believe. Hot. That's the slogan that was emblazoned across the poster hanging in Mulder and Scully's office for the 9-season run of the program.

I didn't mention it here, but at the end of March, just before my trip to Italy, I went the Paley Festival here in L.A., and attended a reunion panel of former X-Files writers, producers and actor alumni -- which included Chris Carter, Nicholas Lea ("Alex Krycek") and Mitch Pileggi ("Skinner").

Here's the retrospective video they played at the event -- note all the crazy X-Phile shipper chicks getting all weepy at the end (and admittedly, I got choked up, too!):



And I'm not kidding -- some broad literally stood up during the audience Q&A and was like, "I just wanted to say that I watch the show and vibe to [David] Duchovny every night. Thank you."

I was fortunate enough to see the trailer for the movie twice -- and you can see the trailer that some naughty pirate at the event filmed and uploaded here.