.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Leona Lewis Is The First U.K. Solo Artist To Debut At #1 On The U.S. Album Chart

You win this round, Clive Davis, but I'll be back! I'll be back, I say!!

British squealer Leona Lewis sees her debut set, Spirit, debut at #1 on Billboard's Top 200 Albums chart this week. The trade rag reports that she's now the first solo artist from the U.K. to enter at the top, which I find kind of hard to believe -- surely Simon Cowell's other critically acclaimed act, Mr. Blobby, came close to such a feat in the '90s?

Oh, well. I finally got around to listening to the album. When Clive rounds up the cream of the crop songwriters, he really doesn't mess around, does he? I mean, Avril Lavigne...that's major. Granted, the song she did was co-written with Dr. Luke and Max Martin, so that leads me to believe it was a leftover from Avril's last album. Hmmmm.