.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Friday, April 4, 2008

It's Chart Rigger In Italiano!

Hey, cats, I'm in Italy for the next week and a half. This is the D'luvvly view out my hotel window, in Florence (with the Duomo in the upper right).

Needless to say, since I traveled all Wednesday night and Thursday, I didn't get to do the usual Thursday chart post. But it seems as if there was some uproar of Mariah's "purchase" of her latest #1 in the comments of that one, so there you go! Check said post for the major activity this week. As well, Natasha Bedingfield's "Pocketful Of Sunshine" slips into the Top 40 at #38.

Just as a matter of record, below is this week's Top 10 on Billboard's Hot 100. UPDATE: Okay, just a word on this whole controversy of Island "buying" Mariah's chart position that's popped up in the comments of the prior write-up -- kids, Leona Lewis and Madonna are behind her for a week, so let's get over it. Island picked a release date for "Touch My Body," put it on iTunes, and 300,000 folks downloaded it. Showbiz will go on and all three bitches will be rich while you and I are not.

I'm heading off to Tuscany on Saturday, where I'll be till next Friday, and will probably post more regularly from there. Ciao!

The U.S. Top 10:

1. "Touch My Body" - Mariah Carey *1 week*
2. "Love In This Club" - Usher Feat. Young Jeezy
3. "4 Minutes" - Madonna Feat. Justin Timberlake
4. "Bleeding Love" - Leona Lewis
5. "No Air" - Jordin Sparks Duet With Chris Brown
6. "Sexy Can I" - Ray J & Young Berg
7. "Lollipop" - Lil Wayne Feat. Static Major
8. "With You" - Chris Brown
9. "Love Song" - Sara Bareilles
10. "Low" - Flo Rida Feat. T-Pain