.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Saturday, December 18, 2010

Masta Ace and EDO G/ Little Young Music Video/ Rap Intervention/ Arts & Entertainment


I previously spoke about an interview I read with Jay Z giving props to Boston's legendary, EDO G, which I thought was important, since so many new artist; dont know their local rap and hip hop history, and forget what quality music is about.


Check out the video, Little Young... I think EDO  and Masta Ace kinda touched on that subject pretty well hah. 


But its not to say the game is screwed up only because of younger aspiring artist... I think this 'Rap Intervention' promotional video I filmed for Masta Ace and EDO G's album 'Arts & Entertainment' pokes fun at the older cats trying to stick around that need to keep it movin...


Check their latest album out on iTunes
With Boston's legendary Cool Gsus (of T.D.S. Mob) acting a fool as the old aspiring rapper, this brings on a good point. Change is inevitable and although many would like rap and hip hop to sound like it used to in the good old 80's or 90's, it doesn't. I had a good time filming this, but it really got me thinking about all the "rappers" who are pursuing a career within rap and hip hop... when is it time to stop chasin your dream. Of course we never want to give up on our dreams but eventually reality needs to kick in and you need to keep it movin... but when? Is is 28, 33, 40 or even 50 years old?

Or maybe it shouldnt be based on your age... maybe it should be based on your commitment, your loyalty to your team and the game itself, or as simple as the quality and sound of your music. If your 55 rapping about bingo night or your plans to move into the new hottest retirement home, I gotta feelin not too many people are gonna wanna listen. And at the same time, you'll just be ignored if you try to rap about "cool" things that this younger generation is into... Although there is eventually gonna be an "old rap generation", so maybe y'all older rappers might be good after all hah.


Check out the Rap Intervention promotional video filmed by yours truly, Adam Ace Spencer!

So this was pretty ill, I got to work with one of my favorite rappers ever, Masta Ace (btw, I was given my nickname before I began to like Ace), and work with two of Boston's pioneers, EDO G and Cool Gsus.