.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Monday, December 13, 2010

ILL BIll/ "White Nigger"?/ UnderGroundHipHop.com/ Van Stylez/ La Coka Nostra

12/13/2010

Van Stylez and I were able to meet up with Ill Bill of supergroup La Coka Nostra (alongside Boston's Slaine, Everlast, Danny Boy and DJ Lethal), after his performance at the Worcester Palladium. Clearly passionate about his music, he explains why he decided to come up with the controversial record "White Nigger"...



Personally I think the title itself was both blunt and marketable... sorta speak. Had he named it, "the anti-racist rap", clearly know one would care or wanna listen. But yet, I still think it's kinda taking the easy route. Of course I don't approve the song title. I do say "nigger" well "nigga" whichever you wanna call it, but not intentionally... as I've gotten older, I say it less. I think the term has taken on other meanings, and how you use it also makes a difference... But I dont think anyone should be using it, especially white folks.

There isn't anything real surprising about the song itself besides the fact that he did what would seem like an obvious move, or challenge if you may... but yet know white artist took it on, until Ill Bill. 


The record threw me off when he said Mel Gibson never liked Danny Glover... implying Gibson's racist. But then he went on to say something about Glover being called out in the paper (where was I? I'm gonna goggle it after, rather finish my thought for what it is), which would make me think Gibson didn't like Glover because he knew Glover was a racist... either way, the record kinda sealed the deal when he said,
"me and my peoples would have beat the fuckin shit outta Kramer". CHECK Out the interview I filmed with Van Stylez of UnderGroundHipHop.com and Ill Bill.


Filmed by Adam Ace Spencer