.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

The Great Editing Shootout?/ Best editing program/ Avid/ Final Cut Pro/ Sony Vegas/ Adobe Premiere


So I'm not sure how many of you saw or heard of The Zacuto Great Camera Shootout 2010, but it was basically three videos that examined and compared a few different DSLR Cameras to one other. Now the timing of this was critical because DSLR Cameras have just really began to break into the FULL HD Video scene. Matter of fact, the Zacuto results have helped influence my decision to get a Canon 7D in the near future. 
 
Here's the final episode from The Great Camera Shootout 2010

Now enough with the Zacuto Great Camera Shootout, I wanna see someone do this type of "examination" with Video editing programs. People have said Avid and Final Cut Pro are the premier programs, but I've also enjoyed working with Sony Vegas as well as Adobe Premier... and I'm really curious, which program is actually best?

Maybe I'll try to conduct my own little contest... basically focusing on the rending quality, I could possibly test the same piece of raw footage with the few different editing programs I mentioned above... hmm... if no one else does it pretty soon, I am gonna have to do it myself...

If you've actually seen and tested all four of these programs compared to one another I'd love to see the result!!!