.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Sunday, November 28, 2010

Wellesley vs Needham / High School Football / Thanksgiving / Oldest Rivalry in the Nation/ 2010

The Oldest Public High School Football Rivalry in the Nation; Wellesley vs Needham
w/ CBS MaxPreps Inc.
Needham, Massachusetts
Produced by Adam "Ace" Spencer
1901 Wellesley High School Football Team

Its kinda crazy when I think about it... the oldest public high school football rivalry in the nation is between my alma mater, Wellesley High School, and Needham High School. Over 100 years ago, a few players from Wellesley challenged the Needham fellas, now here we are watching the 123rd meeting between these two towns/ schools. 

This year the Needham Rockets came into the match with an 8-2 record while the Wellesley Raiders were right behind them at 7-3... so everyone knew it was gonna be another exciting match. But what we didn't know was, how close the match would be, and who would be this years winner.
Well, if you missed this years game, your in luck. Check out the video I produced for CBS MaxPreps Inc.




A great game, its too bad my old coach, Bill Tracey, and the Raiders couldn't walk away on top. And a random fact, but I was actually on Coach Tracey's first team at Wellesley when he took over as the Head Coach. So believe me when I say, I know this game means a great deal to him and each one of the players and coaches on the Raiders. And although I've never played for Needham, I've actually become friends and stayed in touch with a few of the Needham players that I competed against over 5 years ago.

1910 Needham High School Football Team
So aside from the food and family, this is why I can't wait until next years Thanksgiving~ The Wellesley vs Needham... or is it, Needham vs Wellesley ... hah whichever you prefer, its the oldest public high school football rivalry in the country!