.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Nerfu / Division 4 / Championships / Framingham / Exiles / Champions

Framingham Exiles- Division 4 Champions!

Framingham, Massachusetts

Framingham Exiles are the Mens New England Rugby Football Union Division 4 Champions!


The Framingham Exiles Rugby Club won over Mad River for the Division IV Championship. The Exiles went undefeated during their inaugural Fall '10 season. 


FINAL RESULTS
  • Exiles: 7 
  • Mad River: 0



"Great season and great first year.  We played about 20 games this year, and lost 3! We lost 3 games in a year.  We went undefeated in league play and are D4 Champions going up to D3 next fall." Darryl W. Sanders - Team Captain & Club Director
   

So this was basically a perfect start for our club. When I look at my personal situation and where I was a year ago, I'm glad I'm apart of another successful team... but more importantly, the Framingham Exiles! A great bunch of ruggers, I'm glad to be playing with each one of em.


2009 New England Rugby Championships in North Conway, NH. Sunday, May 17th 2009
Last year during the 2009 season, I helped the Boston Irish Wolfhounds have a good season, winning the NERFU Division 3 Championship Cup. Later in the season we traveled to Randalls Island in NYC for the North Eastern Rugby Finals, where the winner would advance to USA Rugby Nationals, and be named North Eastern Rugby Champions. After a tough battle, we lost to Buffalo 22-11 but beat North Shore 42-27. Not advancing to nationals, we claimed 3rd place in the North East, and first place in New England Men's D3.

So while the Wolfhounds moved up to Division 2, I choose to move down and play for the new, Framingham Exiles. Considering the Wolfhounds have already been established as one of the best rugby clubs in New England (some might say the country), I felt like they couldn't really do anything besides plateau or go down... Being part of the Exiles would allow me to be apart of something from the beginning... Either continue playing for a team that has been in existence for almost my entire life, or join a club that would truly allow me to say, I was there from the beginning.

NEFRU (the New England Rugby Football Union) is organized in a way that new teams start off at the bottom (Division 4) and work their way up by winning their division. NERFU changed to a promotions and relegation's structure every other year... so this year is a promotion/relegation year and the worse team in a division is pushed down. Because the Exiles won Division 4, I will be playing some of the same guys I played against one year ago while competing for the Wolfhounds in D3... but enough of all that for now, let me enjoy the sweet taste of victory!!