.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Michael Jordan Responds to Lebron James / Tom Hinueber Mash Up / ESPN LeBron Special / UNOFFICIAL Commercial / Nike "Rise" / Nike "Maybe"

Michael Jordan or Lebron James... who's commercial is better?
by Adam Ace Spencer

When Lebron Jame's first came out with his Nike Basketball Commercial,"RISE" (ITS DOWN BELOW BUT KEEP READING), I was pretty impressed. I thought the commercial was shot well, edited well, and the context and content of what LJ was sayin, was on point. Had some humor but was serious. Recently their has been all this hype and attention about "jordans response" to LJ's Rise commercial... so if we're gonna talk about who's commercial is better you gotta talk about his decision to leave Cleavland ... just alil...


HIS DECISION TO LEAVE CLEAVLAND;
LeBron leaving Cleavland for Miami was huge, and of course, it had many people sayin what they thought he should have done... among them, Michael Jordan and Charles Barkley (* hi Chuck, and he winks, I love it hahaha)

Personally, I think LeBron leaving Cleavland was his decision and he had a right to leave. So all the people that are pissed about that, that's just stupid. I think he may have given up a little early, buttt o well, whats done is done. Deal with it.

THE REAL PROBLEM WITH HIS DECISION TO LEAVE;
The problem wasn't that he left Cleavland, or that he choose Miami, but instead, how he went about it. ESPN basically staged this one hour "SPECIAL" all about LeBron's decision to leave Cleavland while trying to make him appear as this good guy. But honestly, he literally shut the lights off for that entire region. 
If you weren't aware of the business logistics set fourth beforehand they were;
1-Only LeBron James endorsed commercial support. So in other words, NIKE - McDonald's - Vitaminwater and etc...
2- All of the advertising revenue brought in would be donated to the Boys & Girls Club of America.
3- LeBron could decide who he wanted to interview him; he chose Jim Gray...

When I think of interviews, I like to think and feel as if I am watching something real. I've filmed and conducted many interviews (some were while I worked with NIKE), and not one of em seemed so staged and set up as that was. Although I like that he gave all the advertising revenue towards a great cause, even during this special, LeBron just overshadowed the children as they sat in the background.

LJ's RESPONSE; LEBRON RISE


I think LeBron making this commercial was money. As I said, I thought he says everything on his mind, he kinda, pokes at a few people that were all in the media saying this and that, and I think he spoke honestly from his heart.


MJ's RESPONSE; JORDANS MAYBE RISE RESPONSE (UNOFFICIAL)

First off this video was created by Tom Hinueber who is not affiliated with any of these companies (NIKE, JORDAN, LEBRON or any of their companies). He used NIKES LeBron "Rise" and Jordans "Maybe" commercials to create this mash up.  Considering there are so many people out there who think this is MJ's OFFICIAL response to LJ's commercial, I decided to make this post... when he makes an official response directed towards LeBron's Rise commercial, I will make a new post and/ or update this section and have a conclusive decision on who's commercial is better...

~Here is the original "MAYBE" commercial which NIKE released back in I believe April of 2008... so clearly this was not a response directed specifically towards LeBron's Rise commercial, but still, its not to say it wasn't meant for LeBron...