.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Sunday, May 16, 2010

A Second Single Is On The Way From Alex Gardner

Alex Gardner's debut single "I'm Not Mad" landed at a disappointing #44 on the UK chart last month, but thankfully he hasn't been sent out to pasture just yet.

"The second single will be out at the back end of summer," Alex told the Rugby Rocks site in an interview published on Friday. "It’s got to be perfect or it will haunt me for the rest of my life!"

Did he say back end? Anyway, by "it will haunt me for the rest of my life," Gardner probably means that he'll never see an album release if the single doesn't do well—i.e. the sad state fellow Xenomania project Mini Viva are no doubt going to find themselves in now that their own third single "One Touch" isn't likely to dent the UK Top 75 this week.

Regardless, there doesn't seem to be any real rush to get an Alex Gardner album out. "It’s progressing very well," he told Rugby Rocks. "I’m never happy or satisfied though – I’m going back in six weeks (to work on it) when I’ve got the time."