.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Reks new album R.E.K.S (Rhythmatic Eternal King Supreme) / "25th Hour" Produced by DJ Premier/ Music Video By Ian Wolfson and Directed by Statik Selektah


So its less than a month away from the release date of Reks new album R.E.K.S (Rhythmatic Eternal King Supreme) that comes out on March 8th. But despite the wait, you can pre-order your copy on UGHH and get that out of the way now.  But there's no doubt in my mind this album is gonna be worth it!

So far we've already been given three Official Music Videos off of R.E.K.S and they're all dope! Easily the most notable of the three is "25th Hour" Produced by DJ Premier! The music video was Shot & Edited by Ian Wolfson, and produced by Statik Selektah. The video isn't anything crazy like some of Statik's other projects, but it fits the song well in regards to it being a message about the lyrics. No nonsense with extra hooked up cars and the most beautiful women in the world... just Reks and his lyrics. A dope record, check it out if you haven't yet.



The other two records off of R.E.K.S. that are out, were both produced by Statik Selektah AND made into music videos. The Official Music Video for "Self Titled" was directed by Mupalia Records, and "This or That" was directed by Jon Wolf. Considering how tight these records are, the rest of the album is gonna be on some other ish and I'm definitely looking forward to it. I mean, the album cover alone is a simple and clear statement (at the top of the post)...

Now most artist would mention producers and featured artist when they're of this caliber; Pete Rock, Statik, Styles P, Freeway, Nottz, Termanology, Hi-Tek and etc... But what most artist don't do is proudly state, 'His Third Studio Album'. I don't know why this seems to have caught my attention so much but for some reason I don't think enough artist do it. He's basically letting people know; this is what I've been doing, this is what I am doing now and this is what I will be doing in the future. Reks isn't chasing the one hit record, he's clearly talented and I think its safe to say, he loves this rap game. 

But despite his love for the game, Reks has a family and that means he needs to bring home that paper, so don't get anything twisted when he does blow and folks try to say, Reks is a sell out. Even back in 2008 when I first really worked with Reks during the music video "You Know I'm Nice", it was clear to see Reks was a beast. Thinking of it, I haven't even posted that video on here yet... yeaaa let me wrap this up hah. CHeck out all of the new Reks videos, and pre-order your copy of his new album! Show your support for real rap!