.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Dana "Daneja" Bradley and 617Live TV / Capturing the Massachusetts Entertainment Scene


I like to think I'm somewhat knowledgeable when it comes to the Massachusetts entertainment scene. Since I left Bates College in 2006 I've been active in the Massachusetts music/ sports and video scenes. My most meaningful project to date is a documentary I began in 2006 that I'm hoping to finish filming in 2011. Among the many exclusive interviews I've conducted, Dana "Daneja" Bradley really opened my eyes the most... at least in terms of my professionalism. 

I was interviewing Daneja about the local hip hop scene, when he began saying how the quality of rappers mixtapes and albums, weren't always up to par. Having shows and live performances is important but again, the quality needs to be on point for the show to have been a worthy investment. 


It was this response that had me thinking about the quality of my personal equipment and setup. It wasn't professional... and maybe it shouldn't have been at the time since I was just leaving school to  get out into the scene, but still... if I was going to put out a professional and accurate documentary on the Massachusetts rap and hip hop community, I'd have to come correct.


So salute to Daneja for opening my eyes at a critical time in my career. But the reason I was interviewing Daneja is because he's someone who has been positively active in the Massachusetts entertainment scene for more years than most people know. He's personal website DanejaZone.com is evident alone of his local commitment, but that's only the beginning.





 
 617Live TV with Brockton, MA rapper Nuf Sed



Daneja is also partially responsible for the Mass Industry Committee and 617Live TV. So if your a regular on here or someone who just stumbled across this post in an attempt to find out about the local Boston and Massachusetts entertainment scene, check out 617Live TV and DanejaZone!