.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Friday, February 11, 2011

Addison Groove Project / Throwback Post / Funky Cool Vibe That Should Come Back Once More!!


So last night while over at my boy Nick's place, we were listening to records we produced from literally about 10 years ago.  And I don't know if he said it, or if it was in one of his songs but I remembered hearing Addison Groove Project. I honestly don't think Nick was a fan but I can say I was.

A local group from Massachusetts that I first heard back in my high school (maybe middle school) days, was Addison Groove Project. The thing I liked about them is that their sounds were kinda all over the place and just unexpected. If I had to label them I'd say they had a funky/ groovy electronic sound.The fact that they were playing all of the instruments and it wasn't lets say, me at a computer, also gives them alot of credit. They just had a cool vibe that I'm glad I'm able to reunite with.

Their album Allophone is money!! O and let me say it now before I continue on, for the most part, I like the records that consist of instrumentals most. Nothing against the singers but I prefer the sounds and vocals of these instruments. The instruments were pretty sick... they are sick! I mean at least check out their myspace page.

Some of my personal favorites off of Allophone are "Marinate", "Face to Face", "Turning Points", and especially, "Just So You Know" and "Beantown". Give em a listen if your into any great music!

Kinda sucks they stopped performing a few years ago back in 2007. The interesting thing about my situation is that I think I heard of them and was a lil fan, and than went to Maine or whatever and forget about them, so I honestly never got to see them perform live. I think that would of been pretty sick! I did stumble across this footage on YouTube that looks like someone filmed from their camera phone, but it gets the job done for now... a reunion would always be cool~