.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Ray Allen passes Reggie Miller to become the NBA's Three Point Field Goals Made List/ A Living Legend

Celtics Store

We all knew it was going to happen but when!?! Well as of Thursday, February 10th, 2011 at approximately 8:17pm (lol I definitely don't know the time hah) Ray Allen became the NBA's All-Time 3 point FG leader! While playing his best friend Koby Bryant (lol yea right), right here in Boston at TD Banknorth Garden, he passed the previous 3 point record holder, Reggie Miller. 
Indiana Pacers Reggie Miller was someone I knew of pretty well simply because of my brother Candido. Reggie was always known for his shooting skills, and he was easily among my brothers favorite basketball players while growing up. Reggie's 3 point record of 2,560 3FGM stood for over 10 years but it was only a matter of time...


Seeing Ray Ray become the NBA's All Time 3pt leader is amazing and I don't think all of us truly realize how historical this moment is (I do if you could tell from my autographed ticket stub above :). 



When you think of the greatest basketball players ever, there is no doubt in my mind that he's among the top 100, but how far down (or up?) would you actually rank him? Is he among the NBA's 50 Greatest Players? I don't know, that's tough when I think about it. I mean he's among the 25 NBA All Time Top Scorers, Top Field Goals Made, 5th on the All Time Free Throw Percentage list and now the 3 Point leader.

In case you still haven't actually seen the historical moment he broke the record, here it is~


The young 36 year old is still competing and doing well compared to the rest of the league. 

Regular Season Ranks as of 2/12/2011