.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Saturday, April 11, 2009

To The Point Of No Return

I saw Adventureland last week. I went into it having no idea that it was set in Pittsburgh and shot at Kennywood Park, which I probably went to about 10 times between the ages of 13 and 24.

Adventureland takes place in summer 1987. There's a great scene where the main actors (Jessie Eisenberg and Twilight's Kristen Stewart) are at a dance club and Exposé's "Point Of No Return" is playing.

Damn, I forgot what a jam that is! Reminds me of junior high bus rides.



Those broads were like the Miami Bananarama, no? Someone once told me that Exposé got royally screwed with their contract, and only made, like, $200 a concert or something.

Also, Pet Shop Boys tracked down their producer, Lewis Martineé, to swizz up "Domino Dancing." Wonder whatever happened to Lewis? Maybe the girls put a karma hex on him, and now he's flippin' burgers in St. Augustine.

Anyway, Adventureland...good flick.