.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Sunday, April 12, 2009

People Kind Of Dislike Calvin Harris, Don't They?

I'm not one of those people, though. Calvin Harris' first album I Created Disco was waiting for me, having arrived from Amazon UK, when I got back from a trip to France in late spring 2007. It was a great soundtrack to that summer.

Now "I'm Not Alone," the lead single off his upcoming sophomore album, has topped the U.K. chart. It's a nice, moody club track with a borderline misogynistic video.



Calvin appeared as a "featuring" on Dizzee Rascal's U.K. #1 "Dance Wiv Me" last summer (which he co-wrote and produced). He also co-produced Kylie Minogue's "In My Arms," which (just barely) became the singer's most recent U.K. Top 10 hit last May.

But I like "I'm Not Alone." It makes me wanna get up and get out. Which I'm doing, because it's a beautiful spring day outside. Ciao!

The U.K. Top 10:

1. "I'm Not Alone" - Calvin Harris *1 week*
2. "Poker Face" - Lady GaGa
3. "Jai Ho'" - Ar Rahman feat. Pussycat Dolls
4. "In For The Kill'" - La Roux
5. "Don't Upset The Rhythm (Go Baby Go)" - The Noisettes
6. "Love Sex Magic" - Ciara feat. Justin Timberlake
7. "Halo" - Beyonce
8. "Shake It" - Metro Station
9. "Right Round" - Flo Rida feat. Kesha
10. "Love Story'" - Taylor Swift