.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

My Teenage Life In Concert T-Shirts

It's Earth Day, and since my parents recently sent me a package of all my old concert tees from the early '90s, I thought I'd recycle them for a bit of comedy and nostalgia here. I used to buy these f-ing things in XL. Meanwhile, I was the scrawniest teen ever.

Some of these I'm throwin' on eBay. I'd better make at least three bucks!

That one in the pic above is from the Depeche Mode concert on their Violator tour, June 1990, at the Coca Cola Star Lake Amphitheater (now the Post-Gazette Pavillion) just outside Pittsburgh, PA. I was 16 then.

The B-52s at the now torn-down Syria Mosque, Pittsburgh. Feb. 1990 (Age 15). My first concert, just a few days before my 16th birthday.

Erasure at Jones Beach, Long Island, NY. August 1990 (Age 16). I was visiting my grandparents and heard an interview with Andy Bell on the radio. My grandma generously bought me a ticket. I later found out she stood at her car dancing in the parking lot the entire time. It was the very last show of the Wild! world tour.

Pet Shop Boys Performance tour, 1991. (Age 17) Unfortunately, I didn't get to see this live; the closest they came was Washington D.C. (a four-hour drive). I ordered the shirt through the mail. It still fits like a tent. I had to look like a complete tool in this back then.

U2, Zoo TV world tour at Three Rivers Stadium (also gone), Pittsburgh. August 25, 1992. (Age 18) My first week of college.

UB40 at I.C. Light Amphitheater. Pittsburgh. August 8, 1993 (Age 19). Really fun concert, and a great summer as I remember. The tee's in rough shape now. Promises And Lies had just come out, and "Can't Help Falling In Love" had been #1 for like three zillion weeks.