.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Friday, June 6, 2008

When I'm, When I'm Good And Ready: The Ultimate Hillary Clinton Mix Tape

On the eve of Hillary Clinton conceding the Democratic Primary race to Barack Obama, MoogaBoo and D'luv scoured lyrics from the pantheon of pop history to create a mix tape of appropriate end-of-campaign song choices for poor ol' Hill-Dog. By all means, chime in with any we missed!

1. The Smiths - "I Know It's Over"
I know it's over, still I cling. I don't know where else I can go. It's over, it's over, it's over, over...

2. Rihanna - "Take A Bow"
Grab your clothes and get gone. You better hurry up before the sprinklers come on!

3. Hoku - "Another Dumb Blonde"
That's alright. That's okay. I bet you never thought you'd hear me say that I think it's time for you to find another dumb blonde. 'Cause it's not me, no, no.

4. Felix Da Housecat featuring Miss Kittin - "Madame Hollywood"
It's over. It's over. *I* decide it's over.

5. Argentino featuring Sweet Pussy Pauline - "Work This Pussy"
Get the fuck up off me, leave the coins on the dresser and hit the door!

6. Jennifer Holliday (or Jennifer Hudson) - "And I Am Telling You"
And I am telling you I'm not going, even though the rough times are showing. There's just no way. There's no way.

7. Sybil - "When I'm Good And Ready"
You can't hurry my love or change my mind. I'll decide in my own sweet time. Could be a week, may take two.

8. James Brown - "A Man's Man's World"
This is a man's world. This is a man's world. But it wouldn't be nothing, nothing without a woman or a girl.

9. The Smiths - "The Queen Is Dead"
The queen is dead, boys, and it's so lonely on a limb.

10. The Frogs - "Is It Right To Kiss The Boys (When You're A Girl And Not A Boy)"
I'm available. Beneath my skirt I'm *really* available.

11. R.E.M. - "Bang And Blame"
If you could see yourself now, baby. The tables have turned. The whole world hinges on your swings.

12. Pet Shop Boys - "What Have I Done To Deserve This?"
You always wanted me to be something I wasn't. You always wanted too much. Oh-oh. Now I can do what I want to...forever.

13. Girls Aloud - "Call The Shots"
I won't cry for all the hunger in my heart, no. I won't cry because I've made it through this far.

14. Sybil - "Stronger Together"
We can climb every mountain, that's why we're stronger together than ever we could be apart.