.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Friday, June 13, 2008

The Week That Was: June 13, 2008

Happy Friday the 13th!

Isn't this class? I took this pic while driving to the office this week, my last week of work at Instinct. Get a closer look at that license plate.

Kind of says it all, really.

****
One of the last interviews I did for the mag was with Cyndi Lauper. It's supposed to be posted on their website this weekend at some point, but I thought this part might be interesting to some folks -- it's Cyndi talking about recording the songs on Bring Ya To The Brink all around the world:
“Everybody had their own thing. I tried to bring my Mbox but I wasn’t familiar with how I could do it with their systems. So it was kind of difficult. A lot of them use Logic. I’m not good on that at all. Pro Tools is right in front of your face. Logic is like, there are a lot of files there. Each one, technically, works differently. You know, and of course I work differently. I’ve been back seat driving most of my life, but I have the computer and I have the Mbox and I have the microphones, and I bring the shit that I need to do.

“And of course in Sweden – when I tell you they’re really not used to singer-writer/producers who are women – it throws them. I was in quick and I was out. It was actually a great experience, and I had the best time. Even though the Swedes speak English, there are a lot of things you say that they can’t understand. They can watch The Sopranos, but when they actually meet someone who speaks that way, it’s kinda difficult! No, it’s true! That’s how I talk! There were some things I didn’t understand, and then, in the end I felt like, “Well, I was wrong about that.” But I still had a great time, because I love other artists. I love the community and I love the fact of collaboration.”
Cyndi performed during Good Morning America's summer concert series this morning. She's on The View Monday. Here's the GMA clip (annoyingly, they only broadcast this old chestnut and not "Into The Nightlife"):



****
Is it weird that Natasha Bedingfield is opening for New Kids On The Block on their reunion tour this fall? Isn't she kind of too classy for that?

****
The Pet Shop Boys have cut some tracks with Xenomania. Says their website, "one, two or more will be featured on the upcoming album."

****
Billboard notes that Keane are "nearly done" with their third album, which was recorded in Paris and Berlin with Aimee Mann producer Jon Brion.

Let's hope there are nekkid pics of keyboardist Tim Rice-Oxley (center) tickling his ivories in the CD booklet. Or me tickling his keys. Or fiddling his strings. Or rocking his whammy bar.

Beating his stick? Ugh.

Have a great weekend!