.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Friday, March 20, 2009

Dancing To The Rite Of Spring

Today is the first day of D'luv's favorite season, spring. I took the above photo on Wednesday, while walking around in Westwood.

I also picked up the import of British mag Record Collector at the newsstand, which has a nice, fairly lengthy interview with Neil Tennant of Pet Shop Boys. I stopped and read it at Starbucks on sunny Wednesday afternoon, and it truly did feel like springtime had arrived.

On Monday I declared that it was a "Pet Shop Boys kind of week." And, really, it is. For pop fans, in the days leading up to a new PSBs album being released (Yes is out Monday in the U.K.), is there really anything else that doesn't get muted in the wake of the anticipation?

Also, after being "out of stock" for a week, I finally canceled my Amazon UK order of the physical single of "Love etc.," as HMV has it available. On their website, the duo mentions that the single is currently at #14 in midweek chart positioning.

On a final note, my new Towleroad column went up today. That said, have a great weekend. And Happy Spring! (And don't forget, you can now follow my bite-sized rambling on Twitter.)