.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Thursday, February 5, 2009

Kelly Clarkson Still #1, Slams Katy Perry Comparisons + Denies Lesbian Rumors

No new singles enter the Top 10 of Billboard's Hot 100 chart this week, and Kelly Clarkson's "My Life Would Suck Without You" remains #1.

I finally heard "Suck" somewhere other than my own iPod yesterday—in the courtyard of a shopping center—so it's nice to know it's getting airplay amongst the mall set. That's almost as classy as when I was at a restaurant with my entire family on Father's Day last June, including my grandparents, and "I Kissed A Girl" started playing really loudly. I think granny dug it.

Speaking of Katy Perry, Kelly Clarkson did an interview with PopEater.com, and here's what she had to say about being compared to the "Hot N Cold" broad:
"I like Katy Perry. Katy and [new American Idol judge] Kara DioGuardi wrote a song, ‘I Do Not Hook Up,’ which is probably going to be my second single. But we're very different. I honestly don't think we're very comparable. I’m a huge Katy Perry fan, but no, I think people are saying that because I worked with Max [Martin] and [Dr.] Luke. But I mean, I worked with Max and Luke before [her]."
She also denied being a lesbian. (Classy that they asked!)
"I get that all the time. People are like, 'Are you secretly a lesbian? Because I’d really love it.' Lesbians tell it to me all the time. I’m like, 'I’m glad it works for you and I wish I liked women like that because oftentimes men are very hard for me, but I happen to like boys.' I could never be a lesbian. I would never want to date [someone like] myself, ever. I’m a crazy person. I need some kind of stable, quiet man."
Quiet and stable? I'm all wrong for you, then, Kelly. *Sigh* But I love that she said "oftentimes men are hard for me."

OTHER GROOVES: It's a second week at #16 for Pink's "Sober," while the Veronicas' "Untouched" drops to #20 after peaking at #17 . Meanwhile, Lady GaGa's "Poker Face" jumps nine positions to #23, and Katy Perry's atrocious "Thinking Of You" leaps into the Top 40 at #35.

The way she sings that song sounds like she's got marbles in her mouth. And it makes me want to take a shotgun and shoot them outta there.

The U.S. Top 10:

1. "My Life Would Suck Without You" - Kelly Clarkson *2 weeks*
2. "Single Ladies (Put A Ring On It)" - Beyonce
3. "Heartless" - Kanye West
4. "Just Dance" - Lady GaGa feat. Colby O'Donis
5. "Love Story" - Taylor Swift
6. "Gives You Hell" - The All-American Rejects
7. "You Found Me" - The Fray
8. "Live Your Life" - T.I. feat. Rihanna
9. "Circus" - Britney Spears
10. "I'm Yours" - Jason Mraz