.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

I'm Being Taken Over By 'The Fear'

Oh, God. Why me? Why now? How? HOW?

The danger started a couple months ago when I first heard Lily Allen's "The Fear." Uh oh, I thought. Lily's annoying voice is overshadowed by all the pretty pop production...this isn't good!

And then there's the pretty video, sort of a better, three-minute version of Sofia Coppola's Marie Antoinette, minus the bad stuff (Kirsten Dunst, Jason Schwartzman, Sofia Coppola, the movie itself, etc.).

Surely all the songs on the It's Not Me, It's You album couldn't be as good? Uh, oh. They are! "22" sounds like The Beatles meets old school Elton John? "Who'd Have Known" steals from Take That's "Shine"? Well, Lily, if you're gonna rip 'em off, rip 'em off classy!

Anyway, one iTunes birthday gift card later, and I've totally Lily'd up my life. And I can't stop listening. For those who were around these parts when Allen's first album came out three years back, you'll know what a complete turnaround this is for D'luv.

But oh, well. It's not my fault. It's how I'm programmed to function.