.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Saturday, February 7, 2009

Carolina Liar's 'Show Me What I'm Looking For' Is Totally The New 'I Want It That Way'

Three weeks ago when I posted that poll on the greatest Max Martin hits, I downloaded a few songs by Carolina Liar. Unfortunately, my computer's logic board bit the dust that day, and just got it back yesterday.

Turns out that Carolina Liar's "Show Me What I'm Looking For" was featured on this week's episode of 90210 and is taking off at U.S. iTunes.

I recall reading somewhere that Chad Wolf, the band's American lead singer, was housesitting for some friend of Max Martin's in Sweden, and that's how Max came to produce Carolina Liar's Coming To Terms album.

Anyway, this song totally reminds me of the Backstreet Boys' "I Want It That Way"—not so much melodically, but in that angsty, heart-tugging anthemic way. Dig the choir-like backing vocals at the end, which are reminiscent of the ones in Ace Of Base's "Beautiful Life."

And if the "save me from being confused" line doesn't grab you by the balls, then you have no soul, friend.