.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Thursday, May 8, 2008

Thieving Coldplay's Pop Shame

You can fool the masses, Chris Martin, but you won't fool D'luv!

Revered rockers Coldplay saw their upcoming fourth album Viva La Vida Or Death And All His Friends added to iTunes Tuesday for pre-order, with title track "Viva La Vida" tacked on as a freebie.

But! One listen and I couldn't help noticing the striking resemblance "Viva La Vida" has to French pop starlet AlizĂ©e's 2003 jam, "I'm Fed Up." 

Witness, children! (NOTE: The original fan vid for "Viva La Vida" got yanked from YouTube, so I replaced it with one of a home DJ remix someone made -- it still contains the basic melody of the original.)



Hmmm. No wonder there's a French flag on the cover of the album. Too bad Chris Martin couldn't come up with lyrics as classy as "Legs up for hours, my goldfish is under me," though...the amateur!