.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Saturday, May 16, 2009

Off Topic: They Banned My Favorite Book, So In Honor I'm Giving Away A Signed Copy

One of my all-time favorite books, Stephen Chbosky's The Perks Of Being A Wallflower, has come in sixth on the chart of the most-challenged books (by parents) in American libraries this year.

Fucking ridiculous. This book had a huge influence on me after reading it upon its publication in 1999, and look how classy I turned out!

Last week U.K. paper the Telegraph chalked the ranking up to "drugs, homosexuality, nudity, offensive language, sexually explicit, suicide, unsuited to age group," then comically quipped, "Oh, to be a teenager again."

To celebrate this monumental achievement, Chart Rigger is giving away a copy of The Perks Of Being A Wallflower autographed by Stephen Chbosky—who later went on to write the screenplay for the movie version of Rent and created TV series Jericho. (Note: Stephen didn't sign the book for this giveaway. Rather, it's a signed copy I acquired on my own.)

Just shoot me an email at robbie.daw@gmail.com and tell me what your favorite book is and why, and I'll pick one winner to receive the signed copy based upon your answer. And, who knows, maybe I'll even do a post with some of the responses I get.

Include your name and mailing address. Country doesn't matter.