.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Coldplay Now Accused Of Plagiarism By Cat Stevens

This is getting a bit ridiculous. Cat Stevens, who now goes by Yusuf Islam, is the latest to accuse Coldplay of stealing from his song ("Foreigner Suite") to compose their own hit "Viva La Vida."

Yusuf isn't suing the band, however, like Joe Satriani is, over the alleged borrowing from his "If I Could Fly" Coldplay did for "Viva La Vida."

Here are the two accusers' songs pitted against Coldplay's tune:



The Satriani I can kind of so, though there's always the arguement that there are so many notes out there to string together. It's really only the one bit that sounds similar.

But what I want to know is why no one has picked up on my own theory from exactly one year ago this week that "Viva La Vida" completely sounds like French pop diva Alizee's "I'm Fed Up"?

If you need another reminder of what that one sounds like...