.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Monday, May 25, 2009

Daniel Merriweather's Mouth And The Atrocity That Is Jade Ewen

The great thing about Daniel Merriweather, as I've stated before is—well, basically, his mouth. For singing, of course. Ahem. And, well, sing Daniel does on new single "Red," which debuts at #5 on the U.K. chart this week. This trumps his previous release "Change," which made it to #8 back in February.

Norway's Alexander Rybak is in at #10 with his cheeseball Eurovision-winning entry "Fairytale." Yeah, Alexander can just keep his mouth to himself.

This brings us to Jade Ewen, who sang Britain's entry at Eurovision (and placed fifth), "It's My Time." The single appropriately flops at #27. I was part of the Pop Trash Addicts pop panel this week, and in my review of this dismal travesty, I believe I summed it all up with, "Stick to stripping, baby." I don't know if it's the song itself or Jade's Who, me? I'm famous? emoting in the video that irks me to no end.

Here are the clips for "Red" and "It's My Time":



The U.K. Top 10:

1. "Bonkers" - Dizee Rascal *new*
2. "Boom Boom Pow" - Black Eyed Peas
3. "Number 1" - Tinchy Stryder feat. N-Dubz
4. "We Made You" - Eminem
5. "Red" - Daniel Merriweather *new*
6. "In For The Kill'" - La Roux
7. "Not Fair'" - Lily Allen
8. "Kiss Me Thru The Phone" - Souljah Boy Tell Em feat. Sammie
9. "Poker Face" - Lady GaGa
10. "Fairytale" - Alexander Rybak