.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Thursday, August 14, 2008

Go On And Take A Bow, Rihanna

Rihanna racks up her fourth #1 on Billboard's Hot 100 this week with "Disturbia." It follows in the footsteps of "SOS," "Umbrella" and "Take A Bow." If we're being technical, "Distburbia" is also the third #1 for her off Good Girl Gone Bad.

That's a bit of a stretch, though, since "Take A Bow" and "Disturbia" were tacked onto the album's re-release.

Nevertheless, "Disturbia" has reach the top and unseated Katy Perry's seven-week, song-of-the-summer run, thereby cock-blocking Rihanna's own boyfriend Chris Brown in the process. Love's a bitch, playah.

Political diva M.I.A. joins Coldplay, Leona Lewis and Natasha Bedingfield in the pool of Brits who've made a breakthrough this year in the lately American dominated Top 10. "Paper Planes" is the week's Sales Gainer, moving up 11 spots to #5.

M.I.A. performed at Austin City Limits last September but my pal and I split up and he saw her while I caught LCD Soundsystem on another stage. Then I nearly passed out from the 100-degree heat.

It was a classy affair till someone dumped a bottle of water on my head and I almost vomited on some three-year-old broad's face.

Anyway, a final round-up finds the Jonas Brothers having the Hot Shot Debut at #11 with "A Little Bit Longer," Jordin Sparks jumping seven positions to #24 with "One Step At A Time" and Leona Lewis sliding into the Top 40 at #38 with "Better In Time."

Look for David Archuleta to "Crush" the competition next week. (Oooooh, that was bad.)

The U.S. Top 10:

1. "Disturbia" - Rihanna *1 week*
2. "Forever" - Chris Brown
3. "I Kissed A Girl" - Katy Perry
4. "Take A Bow" - Rihanna
5. "Paper Planes'" - M.I.A *sales gainer*
6. "Viva La Vida'" - Coldplay
7. "Dangerous" - Kardinal Offishall Feat. Akon
8. "A Milli" - Lil Wayne
9. "Burnin' Up" - The Jonas Brothers
10. "Closer'" - Ne-Yo