.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Thursday, October 8, 2009

Jay Sean Knocks Black Eyed Peas Down, Down, Down + Owl City Dude Is Cute

There's been this nagging "like" I've had for Jay Sean's "Down" in recent weeks—like, when I hear it on the off-chance I turn on the radio, I don't want to purposely speed into a telephone pole. Maybe it's just the way mini pimp Lil Wayne sing-raps "I got this girl from overseas."

"Down" is also extremely bubble gum. Maybe that's it. But at any rate, "Down" is our savior in that it has harpooned Fergie's budizzlet along with the rest of the Black Eyed Peas and knocked the foursome off the #1 position after 26 weeks.



At 14 weeks, BEPs "I Gotta Feeling" nearly threatened Mariah Carey's record stay at the top of the Billboard Hot 100 (16 weeks) with "One Sweet Day." Alas, Mimi can rest easy for now. (That's at least one thing she can be happy about this week.)

And, damn you, Miley Cyrus! You need to rock your kicks and get "Party In The U.S.A." to #1 next!

The next round of kudos goes to Owl City's Adam Young, as "Fireflies" jumps from #24 to #11. Over on the Top 200 Albums chart, his LP Ocean Eyes is at #35. I've been playing that album on a daily basis for the past month. It's what's been getting me through some rather un-d'luvvly times of late.

And did I mention Adam Young is indie geek/foxtastic? This pic is from the talented guy behind Kerosene Photography:

Sigh. What?

Oh, right. Kelly Clarkson's "Already Gone" is up to #23. Quite frankly, that's surprising. Then again, maybe not. I thought for sure all the slagging off Kellz was doing of this snooze ballad would have killzed it. But then have you noticed how she's also performing it at ever turn, at the same time? Did I really just write this much about that trash?

After initially peaking at #39, Cascada rebound a bit as "Evacuate The Dancefloor" moves up from #46 to #42. Meanwhile, Mariah's "I Want To Know What Love Is" does the ho-shimmy up from #75 to #60.

On that note, I wanna know what breakfast is. Chow!

The U.S. Top 10:

1. "Down" - Jay Sean feat. Lil Wayne *1 week*
2. "Party In The U.S.A." - Miley Cyrus
3. "Run This Town" - Jay-Z feat. Rihanna and Kanye West
4. "Watcha Say" - Jason DeRulo
5. "I Gotta Feeling" - The Black Eyed Peas
6. "Paparazzi" - Lady GaGa
7. "You Belong With Me" - Taylor Swift
8. "Obsessed" - Mariah Carey
9. "Use Somebody" - Kings Of Leon
10. "Empire State Of Mind" - Jay-Z feat. Alicia Keys