.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Sunday, September 13, 2009

Viva La Mini Viva!

First up, apologies for the lack of posts this past week. My poor laptop is down to about its last few electrical giga-breaths. Granted, I've had it since November 2004, two months before I started Chart Rigger, so it's had quite a long run.

I dropped it off to have it jump-started like an old hooker heading out on the whorepath for one last hurrah. Hopefully it'll be ready for pickup asap in the coming week.

And, talk of hookers brings us rather naturally to Pixie Lott, who has yet another chart-topping single in the U.K. this week, with "Boys & Girls." I bet Amy Winehouse sees Pixie and screams in horror at how, this far down the line, she's managed to spawn an army of imitators—and especially one as cheap as this broad.

Me, I much prefer my pop dames to be in the form of Mini Viva, who this week land their Xenomania-produced jam "Left My Heart In Tokyo" at #7.



While at first there doesn't seem to be too much to differentiate Mini Viva from the usual Brit girlie pop Xenomania crank out, there's something quite infectious about "Left My Heart In Tokyo" after a point. By all rights this shoulda come out as a by-the-numbers track, but it sort of turned out to be a happy accident, maybe?

This finally brings us to Bananarama's "Love Comes," which debuts at #44. To be honest, I thought it would have done much worse, so color me strangely pleased with that chart position.

And color me outta here. It's a beautiful Sunday outside. Ciao!

The U.K. Top 10:

1. "Boys & Girls" - Pixie Lott *1 week*
2. "Sexy Bitch" - David Guetta feat. Akon
3. "Run This Town" - Jay-Z feat. Rihanna & Kanye West
4. "We Are Golden" - Mika
5. "Holiday" - Dizzee Rascal
6. "I Gotta Feeling" - The Black Eyed Peas
7. "Left My Heart In Tokyo" - Mini Viva *new*
8. "Get Sexy" - Sugababes
9. "Uprising" - Muse
10. "Remedy" - Little Boots