.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Kylie Minogue Does 'Instinct'

Kylie Minogue is featured on the cover of the September issue of U.S. gay mag Instinct, to promote her upcoming tour of North America. Geez, I shoulda hung around there just one more year, eh?

And I love the peacock hooker look! She looks great!

Says La KM:
"When I started out in music, going from acting to singing, that transition was very successful, but I also got flack for it. Many hurtful things were said. It wasn't easy. I was only 19 and I think the gay audience kinda picked up on that and decided to defend me and adopt me. They saw I was being criticized for being myself. While learning what does that mean, who am I? So I think all the attacks that were around at the time, took them to heart. And I love that. It means it was a totally organic coming together.
Also, regarding coming to the States to perform:
"I’m so excited, it’s ridiculous. There is still a certain amount of disbelief because it’s really happening. I’ve spoken about this for so long and I was sure the fans in the States had given up, hadn’t you?

"With my management and production team, we talked about it many times, but as you know, my shows are on the bigger side. They’re bigger girls. [Laughs] And it just was never feasible for us to do it. So I just ended up biting the bullet and saying, ‘It’s now or never.’ I’m having such a good time performing at the moment and the X tour last year was something of a revelation."
Six more weeks till Kylie hits the Hollywood Bowl here in Los Angeles. Damn, now where did I put those tickets?