.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

'Idol' Runner-Up Adam Lambert Finally Comes Out In 'Rolling Stone'

In a move that should surprise no one, this past season's #2 American Idol, Adam Lambert, reveals that he's gay in a cover story with Rolling Stone. You know, because all those online pics of him sucking face with guys just weren't proof enough.

Says the the fastest tongue on the 'net:
"I don’t think it should be a surprise for anyone to hear that I’m gay... Right after the finale, I almost started talking about it to the reporters, but I thought, ‘I’m going to wait for Rolling Stone, that will be cooler. I didn’t want the Clay Aiken thing and the celebrity-magazine bullshit. I need to be able to explain myself in context. I’m proud of my sexuality. I embrace it. It’s just another part of me."
It'll be interesting to see how his album sells with him pretty much being openly-gay right out of the gate, before any music comes out.

Oh, and to the person who chided me in the comments for not supporting the "gay contestant" on this past season of Idol, he wasn't gay until today.

So there!