.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Thursday, June 18, 2009

Confession Time: I Gotta A Feeling That I Actually Like The New Black Eyed Peas Album

I knew this day would come. With the arrival of the Black Eyed Peas' album The E.N.D. comes their latest hit "I Gotta Feeling" slamming straight into the Billboard Hot 100 at #2, right behind the band's "Boom Boom Pow," now in its 11th week at the top of the chart.

However, the arrival of The E.N.D. brings something else; my admission that I actually like some of the album. In fact, I like most of the album, save for "Boom Boom Pow" and "Imma Be." Yes, I've railed against the former on more than one occasion.

But what can I say—I'm a sucker for artists who are ditching hip hop for dance pop and David Guetta these days. Plus, Fergie kinda sounds like Michael Jackson circa the Jackson 5 in "Missing You," which is both creepy and cool.

Okay, before moving on from that scandaltrash confession, can someone put me out of my misery and tell me what old song that Woah-oh-oh-oh melody in "Meet Me Halfway" is based on? At first I thought it was "Video Killed The Radio Star," but that's not quite it. Anyone? Or am I imagining that it sounds exactly like something else?

Elsewhere, Kristinia DeBarge slips one to #16 with "Goodbye," while Pink moves up a position to #20 with "Please Don't Leave Me." This now gives the short-coiffed minx her 13th Top 20 hit in the U.S.

On a final note, at least the video for Jordin Sparks' "Battlefield" has finally caused the single to catch some, er, spark. It jumps up from #65 to #46 this week. The song previously debuted and peaked at #32 in May.

The U.S. Top 10:

1. "Boom Boom Pow" - The Black Eyed Peas *11 weeks*
2. "I Gotta Feeling" - The Black Eyed Peas *new*
3. "Knock You Down" - Keri Hilson feat. Kanye West & Ne-Yo
4. "I Know You Want Me (Calle Ocho)" - Pitbull
5. "LoveGame" - Lady GaGa
6. "Birthday Sex" - Jeremih
7. "Poker Face" - Lady GaGa
8. "Fire Burning" - Sean Kingston
9. "Second Chance" - Shinedown
10. "Halo" - Beyonce