.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Sunday, December 28, 2008

This Is (Still) The Rhythm Of The Night

I'm coming to the end of a whirlwind, five day trip back to Pennsylvania for the holidays. I took the above photo in Pittsburgh while driving at night on Friday. It was less about trying to capture a clear image, and more about the glare of the city lights in the rain. Always constant, but less familiar with each passing year.

Last night I got together with four friends from college, several of whom haven't seen each other in over 12 years. It was this week in 1994 that I went to a gay nightclub in Pittsburgh for the first time, with three of the four pals I saw last night. I clearly remember the one guy playing Corona's "The Rhythm Of The Night" single in the car on that trip over and over...and over....and over... (More on that here.)

I reminded everyone of that at dinner last night, and, much to the chagrin of the table behind us, we all began singing the chorus to it. The power of Merlot.

Anyway, just a mention of today's issue at hand: The U.K. chart. Pretty much the same as recent weeks.

I was flipping back through posts here from early 2007, nearly two years ago...a time when Mika and Just Jack were the great new hope.

It's funny how time marches on and, in the end, really waits for no one. Particularly Mika and Just Jack. And me.

Ah, well. At least I'll always have "The Rhythm Of The Night."

The U.K. Top 10:

1. "Hallelujah" - Alexandra Burke *2 weeks*
2. "Run" - Leona Lewis
3. "If I Were A Boy" - Beyoncé
4. "Broken Strings" - James Morrison feat. Nelly Furtado
5. "Use Somebody" - Kings Of Leon
6. "Greatest Day" - Take That
7. "Hallelujah" - Jeff Buckley
8. "Once Upon A Christmas Song" - Geraldine
9. "Hot N Cold" - Katy Perry
10. "Human'" - The Killers