.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Friday, January 14, 2011

Rob Roy / “Carmencita”/ MTV / MTVU Best Freshman Video / “Carmencita”


Rob Roy is probably an artist you haven't heard of... and that is partially why I created this blog. When I come across someone or something as talented or unique as this Florida native, I feel somewhat obligated to let you all know about it. I think this song and video is a great example of where the music industry is going. Here's something new for you to kick of the new year with~



Rob Roy is easily one of the most underrated "unknown" artist out. This singer/ rapper and producer is definitely going to continue getting bigger. Soulful, creative and unique, he's exemplifying the experimental phase we're currently going through. But sometimes experimenting can completely backfire and be rejected... even so, I have a feelin Rob isn't gonna have to worry about that.


And then there's the visuals... the official music video for "Carmencita" which is from his debut album 'King Warrior Magician Lover',is easily one of the best videos out right now. This low budget video was able to appear as "official" as a Puffy Daddy video that might of cost literally 10x's as much. Directed by Lance Drake, this video is a great example of making something from nothing. There were some pretty sick shots, good editing and a perfect amount of special effects, not overdoing at all. Check it out and let me know what you think, I'm really feelin it.



And if you were curious where I heard of him... Rob Roy won the MTVU Best Freshman Video of the Week this week.