.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Black And Yellow [G-Mix]/ Black and Ghetto/ Wiz Khalifa ft. Snoop Dogg, Juicy J & T-Pain/ Serius Jones/ 2011/ 2010


It was only a matter of time until there was an official remix to "Black and Yellow". Well Wiz Khalifa meet up with some of the top dogs, or should I say G's; Snoop Dogg, Juicy J and T-Pain. They killed it with this! You basically got someone big from each region of the county with T-Pain from Florida, Juicy J from Tennessee, Snoop from Cali and of course, Khalifa from Pennsylvania.

I think Khalifa's older tracks are ill but I'm also feelin these new tracks. I'm curious to see what his debut album sounds like, how much more "mainstream" is he gonna sound? As long as he brings it like they did on this, its cool with me. 

And I know I know, some of y'all don't like the whole auto tune thing (hah yes Im a fan as you can see from my personal music)but T-Pain is still here for a reason, he's a beast! Some people try to argue he's garbage without auto-tune, well if you look at some of his lyrics you'll see he can actually write too. I'm not sayin he's comparable to Canibus or Eminem or anything like that, but he's definitely better than a bunch of other new artist that are getting alot of attention, and although you might not want to admit it, he's left a mark on the rap and hip hop game.


And of course the G Mix is official with Juicy J and Snoop Dogg on it. Definitely check it out~


You know a song is big when you get the best of the best on it, but you can also tell by all the remixes that come out. Well its not to say the song is always big, but it does generally mean the beat is ill. Clearly this beat is crazy and that means, remixes!

The one remix I want y'all to check it out is from Serius Jones. I saw this a while ago and was actually gonna write a post on it but never had the chance. Well now I do...
Serius Jones
A banging beat with some conscious lyrics, Jones goes in on this. But instead of "Black and Yellow" this lyrical monster switches it up to, "Black and GHETTO"...
I'm not the greatest writer and I don't want to ruin this track anymore than I may have hah. All I'm gonna say is listen to the lyrics as much as you listen to the beat...


Video Directed by IRUNSNY, the video is well shot and clear... its about the record, not the glitz and glamor we generally see in rap and hip hop music videos. Serius Jones is good peoples and clearly sick at rapping. I dont know how he hasn't blown up yet, its crazy... but hopefully after checking out his remix, you'll look into his other work and help support his movement~