.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

QMV / Affordable Solution / Music Video

Quick Music Video

Some time back I was on youtube watching "official music videos" that looked like something I could have done pretty quickly... It gave me an idea that I want to introduce to the music and video industry. Best part about it, Its pretty simple...

Watching videos online is so common, and generally no one wants to listen to a song without some sort of visual. Yes major production sets will cost thousands and thousands of dollars and should look amazing, well this isn't the purpose of a QMV. This is an affordable approach to getting your face out there, and giving your listener something to watch while they hear your new music. If it's done correctly, you can still have the same professional appearance that these "Official Music Videos" have, but without the big budget set and cost.

The primary purpose of a Quick Music Video (aka QMV), is to let the listener/viewer have the option of watching SOMETHING while they listen to the music. I hate when I go online and listen to a freestyle I'm really feelin or a song I'm lovin, but only see pitch black. I mean the least they could do is post a still image, and thats still whack. QMV's may be as simple as a complex still photograph video, or consist of two or three different shots, with very little special effects... if any.

The first of many, check out my first personal QMV...