.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

My Kylie Minogue Interview (Part Two), And 'Aphrodite' Charts In The U.S. Top 20

First off, congrats to Kylie Minogue for landing Aphrodite at #19 on the Billboard Top 200 Albums chart here in the States. Her only LP to reach higher than that was Fever, which hit #3 in 2002—and that one had the benefit of her massive hit "Can't Get You Out Of My Head" behind it.

To cap off the Kylie mania, Instinct has posted the second part of my d'luvvly interview with her on their website. So be sure to check that out. (Read the first part here.)

And below are some leftover bits from the interview that you won't read in either the magazine or on the Instinct site.

You expressed some thoughts you have now about X in hindsight. But I have to say, I still have that CD in my car and I listen to it at least once a week.
KYLIE MINOGUE: Oh! A lot of people tell me they still listen to it all the time. Like, they absolutely love it. And I think there were some amazing moments on it—perhaps even some moments that were a bit ahead of their time, like “Speakerphone.” People in the wider sense didn’t quite get that, but now I think you could put that on radio today. So, it’s just trying to get a lot of things right. I feel like this album [Aphrodite], the boat is rocking less. It feels like we’re a bit more on track without sacrificing those feelings of hearing something new and something exciting.

Let's discuss some of your unreleased work. [Note: she goes into much more detail in the magazine on this topic.]
Sadly I didn’t have songs like “Flower” or “Ruffle My Feathers” on X. And part of me wishes I did, but that’s another story. But at least I was able to do them on tour.

“Flower” is such a beautiful song and seems very personal. Sigh. It’d be nice if that were to see the light of day in a recorded version sometime!
Aww! [Laughs] I will do my best. Promise!

I’m interested in who you’re a fan of at the moment, music-wise. What are you listening to these days?
Let me just look on my iTunes. What have we got going on there? Ellie Goulding.

I just got that CD yesterday!
It’s brilliant. The first single is amazing and the second one just is doubly amazing.

The “Guns And Horses” one.
Yes. What have I purchased…just going down my file. I’ve got Deadmau5 on there. I was really taken with Flavors Of Entanglement, Alanis Morissette. She’s got a song called “Giggling For No Reason,” which I really life. Miike Snow. Santigold. Cicada. Bird And The Bee. Lady Gaga. MGMT. Etta James. The Killers, The Killers, The Killers!

They worked with Stuart also.
Yes! Exactly. Animal Collective, I love them. So my taste is diverse.