.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Monday, July 12, 2010

Brandon Flowers Aims To Be Pop-Rock's Golden Boy On His 'Flamingo' Album Cover

I have to say, I'm getting more and more into this idea of Brandon Flowers as a solo artist after seeing his music video for "Crossfire" and now the Flamingo album cover art. (Album out September 14.)

Longtime Chart Riggers will know that this blog's first year revolved around mucho fandom for Hot Fuss and B-Flo himself. By Sam's Town, my (as well as a multitude of others') patience had worn a bit thin for the band. And while Day & Age was a return to synthy form for the Vegas quartet, the magic sparkle shooting out of Brandon's shorts seemed to have faded.

I guess I'm open to the idea of a full-on Flowers renaissance. While it doesn't seem like solo material is necessary from him, what can it possibly hurt? ("Crossfire," if anything, proves that the guy still has some decently-melodic asexual angst left to croon about.) So far, so good.