.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Saturday, December 5, 2009

Darkchild, 2000 (And Beyond)! The Medley

Tis the season of gift giving, and thus Rodney "Darkchild" Jerkins tossed out the below medley of 50 of his biggest songs that he's produced over the past decade+. I posted the medley elsewhere this week, and have still been trying to figure out what some of these jams are.

Darkchild has never been my all-time favorite producer, though Monica's "Angel Of Mine," Destiny's Child's "Say My Name" and Spice Girls' "Holler" will forever be embedded in my pop heart.

Anyway, have a listen. It's a great trip down memory lane, especially with all the Brandy and Monica (which, upon hearing now, reminds me that their songs were always playing on some nearby radio throughout the '90s). And the medley runs right up through Lady Gaga and Beyonce's "Telephone," which kicks the whole thing off.

Only complaint: It could have been mixed better. And by that, I mean there are absolutely no smooth transitions between clips.