.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Thursday, July 9, 2009

Maybe If Jordin Sparks Did The Sex With David Guetta, They'd Each Have A Hit?

Really, I'm only mentioning this so I can post the picture of the giant, burning disco ball—but every week I'm amazed at the durability of Sean Kingston's "Fire Burning," a song I first heard on the radio back in either February or March. And while I initially started out liking it, I can't say that I've listened to it much over the past two months.

Still, somebody must be still giving it some attention, as it manages to finally move up a notch to #6 on Billboard's Hot 100 Singles chart this week.

Way on the polar opposite end, David Guetta and Kelly Rowland's "When Love Takes Over" has peaked at #90 so far. Meanwhile, David's album One Love will be released August 25 here in the States.

And wonder what's with Jordin Sparks' "Battlefield," which has been stuck in a cumbersome holding pattern? After eight weeks, it's still trapped at #30. Perhaps the album release will boost sales of the single, when it's released in two weeks.

Meanwhile, I hadn't seen the single cover for "Battlefield" that's to the left there. Pretty snazzy.

On a final note, "21 Guns," easily the best song off Green Day's 21st Century Breakdown, jumps up from #55 to #37. It's a track that sounds like part two of "Boulevard Of Broken Dreams," but, ah, well, who needs originality anymore?

The U.S. Top 10:

1. "I Gotta Feeling" - The Black Eyed Peas *2 weeks*
2. "Boom Boom Pow" - The Black Eyed Peas
3. "Best I Ever had" - Drake
4. "Knock You Down" - Keri Hilson feat. Kanye West & Ne-Yo
5. "LoveGame" - Lady GaGa
6. "Fire Burning" - Sean Kingston
7. "Birthday Sex" - Jeremih
8. "I Know You Want Me (Calle Ocho)" - Pitbull
9. "You Belong To Me" - Taylor Swift
10. "New Divide" -
Linkin Park