.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Will Young Covers 'Instinct'

Very-first-Pop-Idol-winner-turned-current-American-Idol-farewell-song-singer (that's a lot of hyphens!) Will Young makes his American media debut with a May 2010 cover story in Instinct magazine (check some of the story out here).

"A singer like Annie Lennox, she was always a major inspiration for me," Will told the mag's site in a web chat. "I’ve always loved her music from a young age. I was very lucky that both my parents, particularly my mom, have a very modern taste in music. More modern than me actually, which is worrying. I remember Annie Lennox, Terence Trent D'Arby would have been two of the big singers for me that I loved. As I grew up I loved soul, R&B. Michael Jackson, obviously, from a pop point of view."

Back in summer 2004 when I was still photo editor at Instinct, we tried to get Will on the cover as RCA was possibly going to launch him in the States then. Obviously neither of those things happened back then. But glad it finally did now, all these years later.